The Chicago Steampunk Exposition wants everyone to have a fun, enjoyable, and entertaining event, so please follow these sensible guidelines.
1. Official badges or wristbands must be worn while at the Exposition
- Lost badges and wristbands can only be replaced by the purchase of a new one.
2. Treat people with respect and dignity; don’t harass anyone.
- All attendees, vendors, exhibitors, volunteers, and staff must abide by Exposition Safety Policy against Harassment (see below).
3. Present all prop weapons at the Exposition Information Desk for approval.
- Actual firearms and realistic replica firearms are not permitted within the convention.
4. If it’s illegal outside of the Exposition, it’s illegal inside the Exposition.
- All of us will abide by city, state, and federal laws.
5. Keep conduct appropriate and considerate.
- Exposition Programing is divided into: All Ages, 13+, 18+, & 21+
- Be mindful of your surroundings and fellow Exposition attendees when in public spaces.
For the safety and courtesy of other attendees, the Chicago Steampunk Exposition reserves the right to refuse entry to the show to anyone deemed by staff to be violation of our Rules & Safety Policies.
The Chicago Steampunk Exposition’s convention committee wants the Chicago Steampunk Exposition to be a safe, enjoyable convention for everyone. To this end, everyone with a Chicago Steampunk Exposition badge or wristband is required to abide by the Chicago Steampunk Exposition code of conduct.
Chicago Steampunk Exposition has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment. Harassment is generally any behavior that annoys, alarms, or threatens another person or group of any kind, including but not limited to:
- offensive verbal comments
- non-consensual photography/recording
- unwelcome physical attention
- physical assault and/or battery
In relation to, but not limited to:
- National Origin
- Gender Identity
- Gender Presentation
- Sexual Orientation
- Body Size
Our policy applies to EVERYONE at the convention. Exhibitors, entertainers, attendees, speakers, guests, professionals, press, staff, volunteers, chairs and security are all subject to our anti-harassment policy and will be held to the same standards and disciplinary action.
Harassment of convention members online or in electronic venues will be treated as seriously as physical harassment. Making any member of the public feel unwelcome at the Chicago Steampunk Exposition is also considered harassment.
If a person engages in harassing behavior the Chicago Steampunk Exposition (CSE) staff will take prompt action in any form they deem appropriate, including expulsion from CSE with no refund and may result in expulsion and/or long term suspension of your future eligibility for CSE membership.
Anyone can report harassment. If someone’s behavior has made you uncomfortable you should immediately contact a member of CSE staff, security team, email
All Chicago Steampunk Exposition volunteers and staff members will be recognized by wearing ORANGE lanyards or ORANGE sashes.
Include as much detail as you feel comfortable disclosing so we can address the situation immediately. If you are still in the area where the incident took place and it is safe to stay do so and someone will meet you. If necessary we will provide escort, offer a safe place to talk and assist anyone experiencing harassment to make sure they are and feel safe for the entirety of the Convention. We will also contact local law enforcement if it is necessary and stay with you until they arrive.
In all cases where someone has told you or demonstrated that they do not wish to interact with you, do not contact them in any fashion, including through an intermediary, unless and until they approach you of their own initiative. Just as you do not owe anyone your time, your attention, or physical contact, no one owes you theirs.
If you wish to report an incident after the convention, or would like to express your concern about an incident that occurred outside of CSE involving a convention attendee, you may email our anti-harassment committee (email@example.com) at anytime.
Chicago Steampunk Exposition wants everyone to have a fun, enjoyable and entertaining event.