Last Updated – 4/25/23
For your printing needs, we highly recommend Warp Speed Printing, whom we use for all our printed materials.
April 12th to 14th, 2024 – Schaumburg, Illinois.
Greetings Artists, Exhibitors, Vendors and Writers! Thank you for being a part of this adventure that we call the Chicago Steampunk Exposition 🙂 On this page we have (hopefully) all the information that you need for a successful (stress free) weekend, but if you have questions that are not answered on this page, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help 😀
Exhibitor Hall Managers
The Underground Market (vendor hall) in Sienna
Samuel Birkenkamp – ChicagoSteamExhibitors@gmail.com – (517) 260-1915
Artists’ Alley & Printers’ Row in Slate, and Hallway Tables.
Jen Davis – MissJenDavis@gmail.com – (262) 909-7655
Hotel & Parking
- Parking is FREE and plentiful!
- Hotel information coming soon.
Social Media & Promotion
Each week (until we have completed the list) we promote posts that profile the exhibitors joining us for the Exposition. The complete list of exhibitors who will be present in April can be found on our Exhibitor Page, and most of the banners are linked to the Exposition Profile Page that we made and promoted for the exhibitor. Banners waiting upon a Profile Page are linked to the exhibitor’s website, and within the profiles is a banner also linked to the exhibitor’s website.
As a partner of the Exposition, we request your help in promoting the convention by sharing your Exposition Profile Page with your social media networks. Thank you 😀
- Free general Wifi is available in the meeting spaces and lobby.
- Faster Wifi connections can be purchased from the hotel by contacting Stephen Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are working a group package for Wifi that should be the cost down; details to coming soon.
Officially load starts at 9AM on Friday, April 12th, 2024, and exhibitors need to be ready by 3PM. The halls are available Thursday evening, and load-in should be able to start after 7PM.
The load-in ramp for Sienna is located at the rear (north side) of the hotel (with ample parking).
Do Not Park Vehicles on the Ramp
A table and two chairs are provided with each space, and spaces will be marked out and labeled:
- Regular exhibitor space inside the Sienna Ballroom are 10ft by 10ft booths and come with a 6ft table.
- The ceiling height in Sienna is 9ft.
Slate is located toward the front of the hotel (south) so the Atrium Lobby entrances are the quickest routes.
- Artist and Writer tables are located in Slate and are 6ft.
- The ceiling height in Slate is 9ft.
The Exhibitor Hall Managers will have packets for each Artist, Exhibitor, or Vendor in their section with the badges.
These will be distributed on Friday morning – 4/12/24.
Maps & Floor Plans
Here is the Underground Market vendor hall layout for 2023; the booth dimensions are the same for 2024.
Artists’ Alley & Printers’ Row will be in Slate again for 2024. Below is our layout for 2023, which will mostly be the same, but there will be a few changes to things in the North section of the hall. Additionally, the room next door, Cyan, will be an ongoing Tea Parlor with scheduled readings from many of our authors.
Exhibitor Hall Hours
- Friday – 4PM to 8PM
- Saturday – 10AM to 6PM
- Sunday – 10AM to 4PM
The Exhibitor Hall closes at 4PM on Sunday, April 14th, 2024.
- Next year we will be at the same hotel and will use the Sienna Ballroom again as our vendor hall (that load in ramp is so much better).
- Our dates are April 12th to 14th, 2024.
- Our theme will be “The 1893 Exposition & the Shadow of Nosferatu.”
- The 2024 application form should be available in May 2023.
Refunds on booths, tables, program book ads, extra badges, and any other services purchased from Carabas Events LLC as an Exhibitor are subject to when cancellation notice is received:
- By 1/12/24 (three months notice) = full refund
- By 2/12/24 (two months notice) = half refund
- By 3/12/24 (one month’s notice) = quarter refund
- Less than a month = no refund